ISSUE OF EXPORT CERTIFICATE FOR HIGH VALUE ITEMS CARRIED ABROAD BY PASSENGERS
INSTRUCTIONS FOR OBTAINING EXPORT CERTIFICATE FROM CUSTOMS
- Passengers departing abroad from India can obtain export certificate from Customs for high value items like gold jewellery, camera, watches etc., when carried as their personal property and if intended to bring such items back to India on their return.
- Export certificate obtained from Customs at the time of their departure abroad from India facilitates re-importation of such high value items during their arrival into India as no Customs duty is then charged on the same and their permissible duty free allowance is not affected.
Click here to download the format of Export Certificate
- The passengers going abroad directly from Mangalore International Airport (not through domestic sector) can either download the export certificate form by clicking on the button below or generate online by directly filling requisite particulars by clicking on the button below and then send by email as an attachment to email@example.com, duly indicating flight No., date and time of departure.
- Two copies of duly filled export certificate, along with goods for which export certificate is sought, shall be brought by the passengers at the time of their departure abroad and present the same for Customs examination, along with their boarding pass and passport, duly stamped by Immigration.
- In case of high value electronic items like camera, mobile phone, watches etc., details like brand name, model number, year of manufacture/purchase and value are essential. Copy of invoice/bill may also be produced.
- In case of gold/silver/platinum/diamond/studded jewellery, valuation certificate issued by authorized/registered jewellery valuer is essential. Alternatively, copy of invoice/bill may also be produced.
- Before issue of export certificate, the high value goods for which export certificate is sought shall be examined by Customs against valuation certificate/invoice/bill produced.
- To claim duty exemption on re-importation of such items carried abroad, the export certificate obtained at the time of departure abroad shall be furnished in original to Customs during their arrival into India through any airport. However, it is essential that such items shall remain in the ownership of the passenger or his family.
Click here to generate the Export Certificate online